For better or worse there is a ton of information available at your fingertips. Podcasts, google, blogs, IG, FB etc it’s endless. Yet, with all this information its easy to still not find a solution to your problem. Why’s that?
Well, it’s easy to over saturate your brain with too much info, and too many choices. Then when you go to take action you freeze, not sure which direction to go because often the information is conflicting. How do you remedy this?
By getting in touch with yourself, and truly being honest with what is important to you, and what your blocks are. That sentence took 10 seconds to write, but the actual follow through can be a soul searching process. If you are courageous here is how to start:
- Grab a pen and paper (or the Ignite Your Wellness Journal)
- Select a inspiring essential oil or blend ( I like Build Your Dream, Magnify Your Purpose, Frankincense). Place a drop of oil in your palms, rub together and then inhale in.
- Set your self up in a comfortable restful position. I really like constructive rest pictured below.
4. While resting ask yourself, “What does my ideal day look like”. Be specific. Include, how your body feels, people you want to spend time with, work that is fulfilling, activities etc. Then expand this to the ideal week. What brings you happiness, fulfillment, how do you want your body to feel and move? What fuels you?
5. Write all this down. What you are writing is what you value, it’s what fuels your soul energetically and your body physically.
These are also the filters to decide what information to take in, and to also determine what is aligned with this big picture of where you want to go. If what you are reading or hearing does not feel in alignment with your big picture it is ok to let it go. Not all the information out there is appropriate for you. Just like one alignment cue or exercise works great for one person, and might harm another. Same is true with lifestyle, diet, work, beliefs and values. It’s what makes us human and individual. You just have to have the confidence to be different, and listen to what you need.
Repeating this meditation daily or weekly will help to keep what is important to you in the forefront of your mind as a reminder. I give you permission to let go of what doesn’t work. It’s scary to say no, but by only saying yes to what’s in alignment you will feel less overwhelm and more confident in your decisions. What does this have to do with pain? Well research says the more we are connected to our passions, and what fuels us the less pain (frequency, intensity and radius) we feel! If you want to know why just respond to this email, and I will fill you in.
In the meantime, here are some upcoming opportunities to say yes (or no!) to:
Free chemical free lifestyle class on FB with opportunity to win a essential oil Premium Starter kit
Replenish and Restore workshop 11/10 2-4 at Soul of Yoga
Release stress and reduce pain in the low back 12/8 2-4 at Prana Yoga Center
See you in class!
PS- looking for more tips to bring yoga off the mat? Watch this interview: